[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

#thinspiration Rule 5: Twiggy

I find the anorexic look unattractive myself, but idea that the word #thinspiration is to blame is a bit much.  Adam Richman may have lost a TV show over that.  Still there is an unhealthy obsession with thinness in some people, rather than towards being healthy. When Christie Teigen is considered "too fat" something is seriously wrong. The obsession with rail thin models (which is a creepy adolescent girl fantasy) has been around for a long time and really became big in the sixties:

Blame Twiggy!  Or rather the modeling world for promoting Twiggy 
(I do not fault Twiggy for her modeling career).



I always thought Twiggy looked far better later in life, when she had gained a few more pounds…



Rule 5 and FMJRA

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty when she finally broke down and treated herself to some Freedom Fries.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.